Tuesday, March 11, 2008

DAY 2 AGAIN: Slim-Fast and a Slide Rule

My original plan continues to work for me, as long as I work it. So I'm sticking with the Slim-Fast plan, with the addition of counting calories.

I've been counting calories for the last two weeks, and it's been a real eye-opener. So many foods, I have no concept of their calories. Sometimes I've been pleasantly surprised but more often it's been shockingly unpleasant. But knowing (roughly) how many calories I'm eating each day is helping to tame my binge tendencies.

It is hard to count calories though. Most of the food I eat is what I make from scratch, so a lot of the counting is really just guesstimating. But even if I'm not getting exact figures, I'm still getting a scaryrealistic picture of how far over 1,200 calories I'm eating every day. (Hint: FAR over.)

So I'll continue to guesstimate my calories, until I get the binging under control, and then I may continue to make sure I'm getting enough calories (a problem I had long, long ago). Oh, to have such problems now!

My progress today:

I read my Advantages Response Card at least twice.

I chose a reasonable primary diet and a backup diet.

No comments: