Tuesday, July 24, 2007

DAY 2: The Slim-Fast Plan

Step 2 of the Beck Diet Solution is choosing 2 diets - one to follow and another to serve as a back-up should the first one fail.

Choosing one was a no-brainer for me; I've been on the Slim-Fast plan off and on for several years, and it's always worked. The only reason I'm not thin now is because I fall off the Slim-Fast wagon and gain back the weight. But together with the Beck Diet Solution, the Slim-Fast plan is going to work all the way this time.

Coming up with a second plan seemed needless, since I've got a proven winner. On the other hand, sticking to the Slim-Fast plan when I'm on vacation is pretty hard. Who wants to lug a suitcase full of those cans? So my second diet and vacation back-up plan is to count calories.

Dr. Beck counsels a two-week wait to begin the diet, to focus on building dieting skills before actually dieting. However, I've been following the Slim-Fast plan for months now and don't see any reason to stop for these 2 weeks.

So I'll continue having a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, 3 snacks throughout the day, and a sensible dinner.

Mission accomplished!

No comments: