Sunday, July 29, 2007

DAY 7: To-do List

My progress on the seventh day:

I read my Advantages Response Card at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Most of the Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Most of the Time

I continued changes at home and will implement changes at work when necessary.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $2.75

I'm still struggling with remembering to give myself credit, and I didn't follow up on finding a rubber bracelet as a reminder system. This needs to be a priority!

Otherwise, at the end of this first week of the program, I'm doing very well and I can see already that it is changing the way I think. As I told a friend today, "The Beck Diet Solution has changed my life!" And I honestly meant it, despite how overdramatic it sounded.

For instance, I have always cleaned my plate at meals, no matter how full I might get. But today, for the very first time in my life, I realized I was full halfway through my meal (because I was eating slowly and mindfully). So I stopped eating! It sounds obvious, but it never before was obvious for me, so this is a significant breakthrough. And you'd better believe I gave myself credit for that!

No comments: