Friday, July 27, 2007

DAY 5: To-do List

My progress today:

I read my Advantages Response Card at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Most of the Time


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $1.25

Eating slowly and mindfully seems to be fairly easy. Turns out I enjoy my food a lot more when I stop long enough to taste it! It is hard to keep my mind from wandering when all I'm doing is chewing, but I managed. I also managed with a distraction: I had dinner with a friend tonight and stayed focused on eating slowly and mindfully even during our conversation.

The issue of alcohol came up over dinner. Day 31 apparently deals with this, which seems pretty late in the game. I know that alcohol has a lot of empty calories, and it slows down metabolism as well, but I do enjoy the occasional cocktail, including the one I ultimately decided to have tonight. I did wrestle with that decision, so maybe I'm glad I don't have to think about it "officially" for another 26 days!

And I'm still having trouble remembering to give myself credit; I did it only once today. Telling myself to "just remember!" doesn't seem to work that well. What to do, what to do?

No comments: