Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WEEK 10: Progress Report

So far, so good on meeting my goal this week. Well, I should hope so, given how simple it is, but baby steps... And my efforts are working; my attention is refocused on my diet again.

The first task on my To-do List is to stick to my food plan and eat everything on it, and I haven't done that yet this week. It has been very much on my mind though, and I've noticed that when I'm worried about eating everything I'm allowed to, I'm more susceptible to overeating. Since I'm rarely hungry, eating everything on my plan requires me to eat when I really don't want or need to. And that kind of thinking is hard to stop once I've eaten everything on my plan... Overeating is much worse for me than not getting enough calories in a day, so I think I'll relax about eating everything on my plan.

I've apparently relaxed about planned exercise too; I haven't done any of that so far this week. Part of the problem is that my gym membership expired somewhere between the gym pool closure and my trip to Las Vegas. And now, two weeks later, I haven't stopped procrastinating long enough to go in and fill out the renewal paperwork. What's worse, I haven't been finding alternate ways to exercise, like using my rowing machine or going for a long walk. What's worst though, is my burgeoning muscles are getting soft and smooshy again. I hate that, but so far my revulsion hasn't been strong enough to get me back to the gym. Clearly this needs to be another goal for the week.

One good thing about my progress this week is that I'm remembering to give myself credit again. Dr. Beck is right; congratulating myself does give me the confidence to keep going. So, good job, me!

No comments: