Sunday, October 28, 2007

WEEK 14: Recap

This was another week on the roller coaster: I was feeling up, I was feeling down, I was doing well, I was crashing and burning...

I did meet my primary goal of keeping up with my exercise. In letter, if not in spirit since I was phoning it in sometimes. But I rededicated myself in the middle of the week, and it helped.

What helped more was the woman in one of my exercise classes who commented on my weight loss and asked how I was doing it. I gave credit to the Y, telling her I was attending classes almost every day. She got an angry look on her face and protested, "But I come to classes 4 days a week!" Maybe that's true, but it's no mystery why she looks to be the same size as when I met her 8 months ago: she shows up for class about halfway through, stands at the back visiting with her friends while mostly standing still, then leaves early! So even though it was a struggle not to laugh in her face, I was glad of the reminder that I have to exercise to lose weight!

My secondary goal of keeping my eating under control was threatened yet again by those damn cupcakes. I hosted another party this weekend, where I served the rest of the cupcakes. And I was so good during the party! I had eaten dinner right before it started, so I was full and able to resist the cupcakes as well as all the other temptations people had brought to share. It was really hard, but I was so, so good during the party. Then after the party, I managed to get rid of all the leftovers except for the last three cupcakes... They should have gone directly into the garbage right then and there, but I was weak, the cupcakes were strong, and I ate one. And then I ate another. And then I found my spine and threw the last one in the garbage.

So with the lackluster gym performance and diet slip-ups, I'm worried about the scale tomorrow. The numbers throughout the week have been consistently high, although that could be misleading because I keep forgetting to weigh myself until late in the evening. Still, even discounting a pound or two, that number is not pretty...

1 comment:

Karen Skinkis said...

I came across your blog from the Beck Diet site and have been reading for the past couple of weeks.

I normally just read, but I had to comment today. I think you are doing great! It is fantastic that you made it to the gym and that you were able to get yourself back in control during your moment of unplanned eating. Give yourself some credit!

Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to those you don't even know. :)