Sunday, October 14, 2007

WEEK 12: Recap

Best laid plans... Well, I never got around to reading my Beck Diet Solution book. I was travelling this week, so my diet wasn't something I focused on. And even though dieting on my last trip worked out so well, it didn't this time: I didn't exercise much and I ate way more than I was comfortable with (both physical and mental comfort).

Figuring out a way to get back on track for next week should be my next goal. Particularly because I'll be travelling again next week.

In better news, I successfully fought my first craving! One of my worst crave foods ambushed me before bed one night, and I found myself thinking that a little bit wouldn't hurt anything. Which, of course, is wrong. A little bit does hurt me, and it leads to more, which really hurts. So instead I brushed my teeth and went to bed, feeling righteous!

Also, I've successfully sold a friend on the Beck Diet Solution! He's waiting on Amazon.com to deliver his book, and I'm hoping that when I start helping him through the program it will help me too.

Further help is that the weight-loss contest is back on. My friend dropped out of it early on because she said she didn't have time to work on her weight. Now that she's gained even more weight, she's ready to try again! So the race is on to see who can lose 15 lbs. first, starting tomorrow.

The contest gives me added incentive to get back on the program and start seeing the weight melt off again. Here's hoping it's enough...

No comments: