Thursday, April 17, 2008

DAY 11: Charted Territory

The first time through, I thought this was an unnecessary step, and I still think so, so I didn't really do it. I did reread the chapter and my blog entries, and throughout the day, I thought about my hunger levels. I learned pretty much the same thing as last time: I'm rarely hungry and I eat because it's "time" or because of mouth hunger. I am sticking to my diet though and successfully fighting cravings. And the thing is, if I waited until I was hungry, I'd hardly ever eat. So I've resolved that Dr. Beck is overstating things when she predicts learning to eat only when you're hungry is the only way to succeed when you reach the maintenance stage. Everybody's different, I guess.

I, however, am the same as I was yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, and... Which is to say, I didn't exercise again today. I knew I would miss my gym class (I had a conflicting event), but when it came time to go for a walk instead, I still didn't wanna. I can't figure out what's behind this new reluctance to exercise; I just feel like sitting on the couch instead of moving my body. I'm wondering if my calorie limitations right now are too strict and robbing me of my energy. But I'm even more reluctant to start eating more. So for now, I'm promising to go to my class tomorrow, even if I don't move a muscle while I'm there. Showing up is half the battle!

CREDIT ACCOUNT: $5

No comments: