Thursday, April 10, 2008

DAY 4: You Go, Girl!

Today's step was one of the hardest of the Beck Diet Solution for me. I am very hard on myself and a pessimist to boot, so it was difficult learning to congratulate myself for all the good things I do for my diet, for all the bad things I avoid, and for all the mistakes I learn from and correct.

But I did learn to do it, and I still give myself credit sometimes. It's become a habit, but it's one I could practice with more frequency. So it's back to the tattoos to jog my memory and stay strong in the habit. I also have the original post-it on my fridge as a reminder, but this time around, I'm skipping the Response Cards on this topic. I don't have to convince myself anymore that I deserve credit, and that is a glorious feeling.

The credit account Dr. Beck recommended was the perfect reward for this positive behavior (I loved spending my credit quarters on all those new clothes!) so I'm doing that again. This time, for each day I complete my to-do list, I'll put a dollar in my account. I did a good job today, so there's already $1 in the bank. Yay, me!

CREDIT ACCOUNT: $1

No comments: