Monday, August 6, 2007

DAY 15: To-do List

I kicked off the third week with these results:

I read my Advantages Response Card at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Most Times

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I did spontaneous exercise: Some Times

I did planned exercise.

I monitored everything I ate today in writing right after I ate it.

I wrote out a new food plan for tomorrow.

I weighed myself and recorded my weight.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $8.25

Keeping my food diary was no problem, since I'm fully practiced. The only times I've stopped keeping one in the last 6 years were when I was gaining weight... I've learned that lesson, so fulfilling this part of the Beck Diet Solution will be a breeze.

Keeping to my daily food plan wasn't a problem either, although once again, I didn't eat everything I could have. I was too tired to cook tonight so I only had half my dinner and I also skipped 2 of my snacks, all without feeling deprived. My final food plan turned out like this:

I was too tired to cook because my schedule continues to be off-kilter and that won't improve any time soon; tomorrow I'm working a day-long gig. I'm planning now to adjust my exercise and food plan, but I really want to get my schedule back on keel because the emotional upheaval is demoralizing and I don't need extra trouble fitting in my exercise, especially the "spontaneous" kind. I could go back to Day 8 but I have no idea how to schedule or delegate random or surprise activities. Things should get closer to normal in a couple of days. I hope.

The good news is, I used my first temporary tattoo as a reminder to give myself credit today. It worked beautifully! Every time I moved my arm, I caught sight of the tattoo and immediately thought about how I deserved credit. That way, I remembered to give myself credit every single time I deserved it!

This is the tattoo I randomly chose to start with:

It was only once I had it on that I realized how appropriate Dory was: she has short term memory loss! I had a good laugh at that, but she sure helped me remember anyway!

No comments: