Sunday, August 5, 2007

DAY 14: To-do List

I closed out the second week with these results:

I read my Advantages Response Card at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Most Times

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Some Times

I did spontaneous exercise: Some Times

I did planned exercise.

I skipped lunch to tolerate feeling hungry.

I tolerated hunger and craving rather than giving in.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $6.75

With all the scheduling tumult of the last few days disrupting my rest, I overslept this morning and missed my first gym class. But I made it to my evening class and added a weight training session too. And for the first time ever in my life, I have a discernible bicep muscle! I was flexing just for fun and was shocked to see a clearly defined muscle reflected in the mirror. I quickly grabbed at it, feeling to see if it was real. It was and I am ecstatic!

I lost out on the tattoos auction, but I found out my local party store carries them. I have it on my to-do list to stop in and pick some up before I run out of my existing supply, so that settled, I'll start tomorrow with my first credit reminder. I'm encouraged that my credit account should start growing even faster; already I'm 67.5% of the way to my first movie!

Over the last few days, I've noticed I'm letting distractions infringe on my mealtimes; I've fallen back into my pattern of eating in front of the TV or computer. I'm still eating slowly and mindfully but perhaps slightly distractedly, so I should keep an eye on that. The challenge is that it's mind-numbingly boring to sit doing nothing but chewing for as long as it takes to finish a meal.

And at long last, I completed my "hunger strike". Once again, it was easy to skip lunch, and filling out my Hunger Discomfort Chart was a breeze. I found my discomfort only got as high as a 3 (the equivalent of stubbing my toe), and that was only right before dinner. The rest of the day was hardly uncomfortable at all, and proved once and for all I can survive hunger, no doubt about it.

I didn't get a chance to work on my anti-craving strategies again today. I did see an ad today for my favorite fast food and for a split millisecond, I could taste that juicy burger. But the thought was so fleeting, so automatically shut down that I didn't have even a chance to whip out my anti-craving strategies. I'm not sure if that counts as progress or not!

Finally, I wrote out my food plan, so I'm all ready to kick off week 3 of the Beck Diet Solution!

No comments: