Sunday, August 26, 2007

DAY 35: To-do List

A great end to the fifth week:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I wrote a food plan for tomorrow and monitored everything I ate in writing.

I did spontaneous and planned exercise.

I reminded myself how I plan to handle negative emotions without eating.

I resolved to use the Seven Question Technique when I was upset instead of turning to food for comfort.

I prepared for my weigh-in tomorrow.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $38.50

I was amazing today!

First, I was better at eating mindfully, avoiding the TV and computer while I was eating, and I did eat all 3 meals today and skipped only 1 snack.

Then I made it back to the gym today, even though I woke up feeling unmotivated. But I said, "Oh, well", and got myself to my first class. Almost against my will, I enjoyed the exercise and relished the endorphin high, feeling better than I have for days.

I remembered to give myself credit for that and for everything else. (My rainbow dolphin tattoo really did the job!) And wow, did I do a lot to deserve credit today! My spontaneous exercise was through the roof: I walked to my second class at the gym, I started exercising when class was slow to start (which the instructor noticed and she congratulated me on my enthusiasm), and on the walk home, I realized I needed some things from the market.

Now, I could have continued home, got in the car, and driven to the market. That's what I usually do because even though the market is within walking-distance of my house, I've never been keen on lugging groceries that far. Especially if I'm buying dairy items or other perishables that might not weather the trip well. But tonight, I said, "Why not?" The extra distance would add about 40 minutes to my walk, and for only half of that long, the carton of milk I needed would survive.

So I turned right toward the market instead of left toward home, and I did my shopping on foot! I think I would've felt more victorious and proud if my feet weren't hurting so much by the time I got home, but I'm still glad I did it. It was a wonderful tonic for my inactivity for the last few days, and I'm encouraged that I've been able to kick my blues. I strengthened all kinds of resistance muscles today!

No comments: