Saturday, August 11, 2007

DAY 20: To-do List

Here's how today went:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card and It's Not Okay Response Card at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I did spontaneous exercise: Every Time

I did planned exercise.

I monitored everything I ate in writing.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow.

I ate only to normal fullness.

TBD I identified and responded to a self-deluding thought.

I created a Get Back on Track Response Card.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $14.50

My diet is still firmly on track, so there was nothing special to do today, including identifying and responding to self-deluding thoughts.

But I did get my attitude back on track. I had been losing some of my dedication to the Beck Diet Solution because I've been doing so well. My epiphany the other day was tempting me into thinking I had gotten everything I was going to out of the program. I hadn't quite started thinking about quitting, but my dedication was definitely waning.

Today though it occured to me that, yes, I've had 20 days of incredible success at thinking like a thin person. Yay! But before that, I had around 12,620 days of thinking like a fat person. Twenty vs. 12,620? Clearly I need at least the next 22 days to keep working on my thinking and my diet.

So I rededicated myself today and did beautifully. I achieved all my goals and kept to my food plan (skipping 1 snack):

Also I realized I have more than enough in my credit account for a movie. I've been considering whether it should be a cartoon caper, the next in a superspy series, or a romantic romp... Decisions, decisions!

No comments: