Friday, August 24, 2007

DAY 33: To-do List

Here's how today went:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Most Times

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I wrote a food plan for tomorrow and monitored everything I ate in writing.

I did spontaneous exercise.

--- I did planned exercise.

I planned how I'll handle negative emotions without eating.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $34.25

The bad news is I'm still feeling kind of down about my troubles. It hasn't affected my eating, but it did sap my motivation for exercising; I'd just rather curl up in bed and sleep until I feel better. I managed to get out of bed today but not so far as the gym. It didn't help that this is one of the 2 days a week I don't go to a class at the gym. Even on a good day, it can be hard to find the motivation to exercise without the structure of a class schedule. Fortunately I worked in some spontaneous exercise, so I wasn't a total slug.

The good news is my work on eating everything on my food plan paid off today; for the first time in 11 days, I did it! I still feel conflicted about it though; I never feel hungry, and after eating everything I was allowed today, I feel a little bloated -- not overstuffed, but definitely the uncomfortable side of full. I just don't know what to do about this balance between eating enough and not eating too much...

Funny how my bad news seems more positive than my good news. Hmm.

No comments: