Tuesday, August 14, 2007

DAY 23: To-do List

My progress at the halfway mark:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I did spontaneous exercise: Most Times

I did planned exercise.

I monitored everything I ate in writing.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow.

I worked toward accepting what I have to do to lose weight (Oh, well).

I created a Response Card to deal with the issue of unfairness.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $20.25

Today started out on a rocky step: I just got the last Harry Potter book so I stayed up late last night reading it and overslept this morning. That means I missed my first gym class. The good news is, I finished the book this afternoon, so I still made it to my second gym class, and I also did a session on the weight machines!

Those weight workouts are already paying off: I bought cat food today, which comes in 20 lbs. bags. At least it always was 20 lbs., which was something of a struggle for me to pick up and carry. But today, I hefted a bag and it was light as air! I was sure the manufacturer must have cut the size while maintaining the price, but no, the label still read 20 lbs. I'm just so much stronger that 20 lbs. no longer seemed so heavy. I cannot remember when buying cat food ever made me so happy!

That euphoria filled me up so much that I wasn't even hungry come dinner time. I'm not comfortable with how little I'm eating these days (it just doesn't seem healthy), but I was simply not interested in food in the least, so I didn't have dinner. I did feel a little peckish at bedtime, but then it was too late to fix myself a meal. Following the rest of my food plan was easy, but I'm going to continue to work on eating everything I'm allowed.

No comments: