Sunday, August 19, 2007

DAY 28: To-do List

My results at the end of week 4:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Most Times

I did spontaneous exercise: Most Times

I did planned exercise.

I monitored everything I ate in writing.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow.

I worked toward accepting what I have to do to lose weight (Oh, well).

I prepared for my weigh-in tomorrow.

TBD I used the Seven Question Technique to make Response Cards.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $25.50

Still couldn't work up enough enthusiasm to complete the Day 27 step so it's still on my to-do list for tomorrow. Otherwise, I kept busy with lots of other tasks and still managed to do well on my diet.

Using Marvin again today wasn't a strong enough reminder to give myself credit, so I've set out a new tattoo for tomorrow morning. Still, I did a lot to deserve credit and noticed most of the time. The best thing was I concentrated on eating slowly and mindfully and I did it! I wasn't at the computer or in front of the TV, so I was able to give my food the full concentration it deserves, meaning I enjoyed my Ethiopian leftovers all the more! The downside is that I skipped lunch and a snack again today, so I still have the challenge of eating enough to be healthy.

Since I wasn't skimping on purpose, I "prepared" for tomorrow by not eating any differently than I would have. And it occurred to me that I've been too busy to step on the scale these days, so I don't have a good idea of what I'll weigh tomorrow. I'm sure the number has gotten smaller, since I sure have, but I can only guess what it will be...

And what do I mean by "I sure have" gotten smaller? Why, today I noticed my double chin has disappeared! It's just not there anymore! What?!

I've had multiple chins for most of my life, and when I looked in the mirror and found I was down to only one, it was a shock. It was almost like looking down and seeing one of my toes had vanished -- how mysterious, how unexpected, how implausible. Clearly it's just going to take a little time for me to get used to the idea; I'd better go look at myself in the mirror for another hour or so!

No comments: