Tuesday, August 21, 2007

DAY 30: To-do List

Here's how Day 30 went:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Most Times

I did spontaneous exercise.

--- I did planned exercise.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow and monitored everything I ate in writing.

I dealt effectively with issues of unfairness and discouragement.

I decided how I'll respond to food pushers.

I ate out this week.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $28.75

I'm thinking of wearing a large S on my chest because I'm feeling so heroic! My dinner out and celebration rethink were both successful!

I used the restaurant's website last night when writing out my food plan, so I knew what I was having for dinner tonight. As happened with the Ethiopian experiment though, my meal wasn't available; in this case the website hadn't been updated with the changes to the menu. But I just substituted a different salad and it was fine. I also figured out last night that I could have either a birthday cupcake or a cocktail, and I chose the cocktail. And I stuck by that decision, despite how tempting the cupcakes were...

Did I mention that I made the cupcakes? I am the master baker of my circle, so it generally falls to me to provide the baked goods. I was happy to do it again tonight, although I was concerned about prolonged exposure to devil's food cupcakes with fudge frosting... But I did it! I wasn't even tempted to have a spoonful of frosting, my usual treat after finishing a cake.

So I survived the creation of the cupcakes, and while everybody was enjoying their cupcakes after dinner, I didn't feel remotely tempted to have one. Dr. Beck is right -- I could never have imagined not feeling deprived, but I have reached the point where I'm happy that I didn't overeat! I even brought home the leftover cupcakes (to share with the next birthday boy), and I'm 97% sure they won't be a temptation before I get rid of them in two days.

The rest of my tasks on the program went well today too. I followed my food plan, skipping only a snack (a definite improvement!); I ate slowly and mindfully, even at a celebratory dinner; and I did well at remembering to give myself credit.

The only mistake I made was with planned exercise. I knew I was going to miss one of my classes because of the dinner, but I also overslept and missed the other class. Then the day was so busy I never got around to a replacement exercise, like a walk. It would have been better to have gotten some exercise today, but I won't let that lapse diminish my amazing accomplishments today!

No comments: