Saturday, August 25, 2007

DAY 34: To-do List

Easier said than done today:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I wrote a food plan for tomorrow and monitored everything I ate in writing.

I did spontaneous exercise.

--- I did planned exercise.

I reminded myself how I plan to handle negative emotions without eating.

I used the Seven Question Technique when I was upset instead of turning to food for comfort.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $35.75

Despite my decision and relief this morning, I still couldn't convince myself to exercise today. Again, this was a non-gym-class day so my motivation was going to be thin anyway, but I'm disappointed I couldn't pull myself together to go for a walk.

I also struggled with wasting food today. I went out for Thai for dinner and got my favorite: yellow curry chicken with potatoes and carrots, over rice. The serving size is too big for a single serving but too small for two servings, so I should have eaten the single serving and let the rest go to waste. And that's exactly what I was telling myself as I continued to eat more and more, even after I was full. The weird thing is, I was completely mindful with each extra bite that I was passing satisfied and heading into full, but I did not want to waste such delicious food. I managed to stop before cleaning the entire plate, but it was too late. I paid for my conflict with an uncomfortably full belly that left me groaning for the rest of the evening. And now I'm disappointed about this lapse too.

But like my Response Cards say, I can learn from these mistakes and get back on track!

No comments: