Thursday, August 30, 2007

DAY 39: To-do List

My progress as I enter the home stretch:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay, Get Back on Track, and Believe It! Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I wrote a food plan for tomorrow and monitored everything I ate in writing.

I did spontaneous and planned exercise.

I gave myself credit for exercising.

I took steps to change my sabotaging thoughts about exercise.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $45.00

As predicted, I got my exercise today; I walked for about 3 hours straight, in addition to parking very (very) far away from work and from dinner.

And dinner was an amazing success; at long last planning from a website menu finally worked out! I ordered exactly what I had planned, I divided my food in half, and I had no trouble being satisfied with that amount. I was even thrilled about having the second half of my delicious entree to look forward to tomorrow. Even better, I encountered a food pusher and wasn't tempted in the least. She was insisting that I share in the appetizers (which weren't on my food plan or a healthy option either) and it took several firm "No"s, but she got the message eventually, and I stayed on my plan!

The (slight) negative is that we sat talking for so long that I missed the gym for my weight training. I had thought I might be able to make it up tomorrow, but I'll be preparing for another party all day tomorrow, so that chance is slim. Dragging the vacuum around and scrubbing the kitchen and bathrooms should make up for that, right?

So it wasn't a perfect day, but it was pretty close. I deserved a lot of credit and remembered to give it to myself, I ate mindfully, and I ate everything on my food plan!

Still, I feel a little down because it's finally sinking in that program is almost finished. I'm so proud of my success so far, but I'm also anxious about keeping it up without the daily support of Dr. Beck. It looks like she'll address the future on the last day; I just hope it's enough!

No comments: