Monday, August 13, 2007

DAY 22: To-do List

My progress at the halfway mark:

I read my Advantages Response Card, NO CHOICE card, and It's Not Okay and Get Back on Track Response Cards at least twice.

I read other Response Cards as needed.

I ate slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite: Every Time

I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors: Every Time

I did spontaneous exercise: Some Times

I did planned exercise.

I monitored everything I ate in writing.

I wrote out a food plan for tomorrow.

I said, Oh, well (I don't like this, but I'm going to accept it and move on), when I wanted something I couldn't have.

I weighed myself, recorded the results on my weight-loss graph, and reported my change in weight to my diet coach.


CREDIT ACCOUNT: $18.50

Another day without much to do. Once upon a time, accepting things I didn't like about dieting was a large stumbling block to my success, but today, I barely had an opportunity to tell myself, "Oh, well." Everything worked out , although there were a few bumpy spots.

A friend was dropping off some stuff right before my gym class today, but she was late, so then I was running, running, running to make it on time. I was in such a hurry, I forgot to take my gym bag with me... When I realized that halfway to the gym, I almost gave up, going so far as to get into the left turn lane to come back home. But while I waited at a red light, I thought about it: I had my swimsuit on under my clothes, I could survive without my water shoes, and my clothes and car keys would be safe wrapped up in my jacket and hung by the pool (since I had no lock for a locker). So I got back into traffic and made it to the gym only a minute or two after class started!

That was an amazing decision for me (and I gave myself credit for it!) , but I did entertain a split second of joy at having a good excuse not to go to class. It was interrupted by the realization that I could still go, and as I sped on my way, I laughed to myself, "Oh, well!"

Then I faced the struggle of my food plan. I don't struggle with sticking to it but with eating everything on it. I've been concerned that I'm not eating enough, even though I've felt satisfied, never hungry. And then I realized I was feeling guilty if I did eat everything on my food plan. That was going too far, so I was quite pleased that I ate everything on my plan today (with only a little bit of guilt). I'm thrilled to be thinking like a thin person, but I don't want to think like an anorexic person!

No comments: