Wednesday, April 16, 2008

DAY 10: And It's Good!

Goal setting is important, which is why I did it back at the start of this go-round. My doctor's appointment is 12 days away, and I'm still trying to lose as much weight as possible before that weigh-in. "As much as possible" is a vague goal, so I suppose I'll be happy if I get back into the 170s by then. Right now, that's less than 5 pounds away, so I'm feeling pretty good about this goal.

Then there's my bigger goal, which is to get back to my low point of 163.5 pounds. If I can keep up my motivation, I foresee meeting that goal by the official start of summer.

And then there's the mother of all goals: hit my target weight before the end of the year. From where I'm standing, that looks totally doable, but it's going to take a lot of hard work and determination.

Unfortunately, I've lost my determination to exercise. I woke up this morning with a sore back (after dreaming of moving boxes all night, oddly enough), so I used that as an excuse to skip my first gym class. And when it came time to make up my second gym class with a walk, I just didn't wanna. Not cool.

Fortunately, I am rocking my diet and meal planning! Cravings, schmavings, and it's showing on the scale. If I got my butt in gear and got moving, that scale could have even nicer things to say to me...

CREDIT ACCOUNT: $5

No comments: