Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DAY 9: Let's Get Physical

Today's step is the key to success for me. Even if I did everything else on the Beck Diet Solution to perfection but skipped the exercise, I don't believe I would lose a lot of weight. In fact, it's possible I could do nothing else on the Beck Diet Solution but exercise and lose a lot of weight. The thing is, I need all the other stuff to inspire me to exercise.

That said, I seem to have lost some inspiration. Last week I was exercising a minimum of twice a day. This week? Nothing. I was too lazy to go to my gym classes yesterday, and today I had a conflicting event with my class and now I'm too tired for a make-up walk. Not a good start... What's worse, I know I have conflicting events for one class tomorrow and on Thursday, so I'm going to have to work harder to get in some make-up exercise. Otherwise, here's my exercise plan (which had wonderful results last week!):
  • water walking class - 3 times a week
  • step aerobics class - 3 times a week
  • aqua circuit class - 2 times a week
  • walk with a friend - 1 time a week

When circumstances do prevent me from attending a class, the plan is to substitute an hour-long walk around my neighborhood or 30 minutes on my rowing machine, thereby covering my planned exercise.


As for spontaneous exercise, that's become an old habit with me. I'm always parking far away, taking the stairs, and using down-time to go for a walk. Every little bit helps, although a little bit doesn't look like much on the scale...

CREDIT ACCOUNT: $5

No comments: