Monday, December 3, 2007

WEEK 20: The Holiday Spirit

My favorite birthday present this year has to be the one I gave myself: I lost 2 lbs. while celebrating!

WOW!

I had a good feeling about my diet and exercise last week, but no way was I expecting such a big loss. Now I'm feeling much better about my chances at getting through Christmas without gaining weight...

That is my focus for the rest of the month: not gaining any weight. Ideally of course I'd like to lose weight -- I'm only 2 lbs. away from the minus-30 lbs. mark, and it would be super to start off 2008 in the 150s... But I'm not asking for a Christmas miracle; if I can maintain 165.5 for the next 4 weeks, that will be wonderful.

This week's challenges both fall on Sunday (the day before next week's weigh-in, of course). I'm attending a tea party and a Christmas party, both of which will focus on stuffing yummy morsels into one's mouth. What to do, what to do?

First, I'm going to control my eating throughout the week by writing out my food plans and focusing on extra-healthy meals.

Second, I'm going to exercise 8 times this week. Again, that means finding time to exercise this weekend and I believe I can do it.

Third, I'm going to read my ARC and Response Cards every day, and twice on Sunday. I'm going to read them right before the tea party and again right before the Christmas party. And I'm not going to let anything stop me: if I'm running late, oh well. If I'm eager to start partying, too bad. If my friends are being a bad influence, I will lock myself in the bathroom and read my Cards sitting on the edge of the tub! I am determined not to be undone by platters of petits fours or hunks of plum pudding. And my Cards will help.

Then, once I'm in the proper holiday spirit, let's get that party started!



1 comment:

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

I just started the Beck Diet program (have the book and audio) yesterday. So, I'm very happy to see you're doing great during the most tring diet time of the year.

I'm sure you're going to do great. Your attitude is so good.

The Princess