Monday, December 24, 2007

WEEK 23: An Early Present

Bad news first: I didn't achieve my goal yesterday. Instead of going for a walk and getting some exercise, I slept for about 16 of the 24 hours that comprised yesterday. It was weird -- I just couldn't keep my eyes open, as if I'd been drugged or something. A part of me is dreading that this is the symptom of yet another illness, but how can that be? It's Christmas eve and I've already received my first present.

That's the good news! Even without (hardly) any exercise last week, I lost 2 1/2 lbs.! Merry Christmas indeed! That more than makes up for the gains of the previous weeks, and it puts me on target for reaching my monthly goal of maintaining my weight (actually, it puts me at a loss, but the month ain't over yet...)

I can hardly believe it's true, but there's that old saying about gift horses... So I won't question, I will merely accept and celebrate! Reasonably of course. But it is Christmas eve, a time of enjoyment which I sorely need after being sick all month, so my goal for today is merely to have a good time.

Maybe I'll go weigh myself again -- I sure would enjoy seeing that little number again!


No comments: