Wednesday, December 12, 2007

WEEK 21-3: One Calorie Per Minute

It turns out I burn about 1 calorie every minute I'm sleeping. If only it were possible to sleep 25 hours a day, I could lose weight easily!

As it is, sleeping is about the most strenuous activity I can sustain right now. Serious exercise, like a step class, is completely out of the question, and even lighter exercise, like a walk around the block, is just too much right now. I really pushed myself today because I needed to do some grocery shopping, but then I needed a lie-down after that simple exertion.

On the other hand, I'm seriously non-interested in food right now. I'm not sure if it's a symptom of my continued congestion (everything tastes like cardboard to my deadened taste buds) or if it's round 2 of this flu. I've been getting some distressing messages from my stomach about the likelihood of rejecting anything I put into it.

Ah, to be healthy and fighting off cravings with a strenuous work-out!

No comments: