Friday, December 21, 2007

WEEK 22-5: My RSVP is No

Yesterday was a slam dunk, to continue that sports metaphor. No pumpkin fudge while I stuck to my food plan! And the scale is showing very positive results...

My stamina continues to be low, so my choice these days is exercise or everyday chores and errands. More specifically, today's choice is exercising naked or doing a whole bunch of laundry. Unfortunately, doing some laundry and getting some exercise (clothed or not) just isn't a possibility.

Because I don't want to complete all of today's activities naked, laundry it is. Exercise will just have to keep waiting for me to feel stronger or have less to do.

So today's goal is sticking to my food plan, which is getting so boring. But it is working, so I shouldn't complain.

Really, really, really I shouldn't complain because I don't need any encouragement to feel sorrier for myself. What with having been sick all month and missing out on lots of holiday festivities and feeling like nobody loves me because who wants to stick around for the coughing and nose-blowing and whining, I've already got the makings of a huge pity party. Which are usually lavishly catered affairs, of course, so no. No party, no pity, just me and my food plan and the dream of one day being healthy and happy and hard(er)-bodied again.

No comments: