Monday, December 17, 2007

WEEK 22: One Day at a Time

My curiosity turned out to be stronger than my dread, so I weighed in today. Not good news: another week of no exercise and lots of comfort food added back a whole pound.

I'm trying very hard not to beat myself up over this gain. There are extenuating circumstances, and the setback doesn't diminish the hard work and progress I've made so far. But I can't say I'm happy about this backward trend.

But the holidays have enough inherent guilt and stress, so I refuse to add any more. To that end, I'm not going to have any weekly goals this time. Instead, I'm going to have smaller, daily goals. That way I can control my weight but without building up unrealistic expectations.

Today's goal is to exercise. I think I'm ready; I'm feeling better physically since the sinus meds are kicking in (finally). A class at the gym sounds too intimidating though, so I'm going to start slow with a long walk.

Also, I'm not going to post my weight-loss chart or ticker this week. It's just too depressing to see that upward line or that bunny hopping backwards. Here's hoping they'll look more encouraging next week.

No comments: