Sunday, December 23, 2007

WEEK 22: Recap

For all my big talk yesterday, I sure didn't walk the walk. I could have. I felt up to it, I just didn't feel like doing it. Pure laziness, through and through, which is just what I was afraid of. Once I broke the habit of exercising regularly I put myself in danger of not getting back into the habit. But no more excuses -- I am going to go for a walk today, period, end of sentence.

Exercise has played a major part in my success on the Beck Diet Solution, and I know it. It doesn't make me like exercise any more than I used to, but it does make me more willing to do it, because I want to lose this weight. To lose weight, I have to exercise; restricting my calories just isn't enough.

That said, this week of restricting calories without much exercise does seem to have worked. The scale is giving me some positive feedback, but I refuse to believe that means I don't need to exercise (however tempting that idea may seem right now). My personal theory is that I've finally cleared out most of the snot that's been weighing me down for two weeks, and that's why the scale looks better.

Whatever the reason, I'm grateful and looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. And I know I'll enjoy the weigh-in even more after my "last-chance workout" walk today!

No comments: