Thursday, December 27, 2007

WEEK 23: Progress Report

So far, there's no progress to report this week. I enjoyed the holidays without thinking about diet or exercise and now I'm having trouble breaking that habit.

Yesterday's goal to exercise fell by the wayside when I received a dinner invitation for the same time as my gym class. After 21 lonely days on my sickbed, I didn't have the will to say no to a social occasion, so I skipped the class. And afterwards, when I might have gone for a walk, it was too cold! Two-degrees-above-freezing cold! So instead of a walk, I came home and started my hibernation.

Today, I'm not feeling any more motivated. Maybe it's the post-holiday slump? The winter blahs? A post-illness hangover? Whatever it is, I'm just not feeling excited about anything but curling up under a quilt some more. Unfortunately, that's not going to make me any skinnier or healthier.

So today's goal is to find some motivation. I'm going to read my ARC and Response Cards today, and I'm going to reread the first week of this blog. That should light a fire under me, figuratively speaking. (Although a literal fire might do me some good too... Brrr!)

No comments: