Friday, November 9, 2007

WEEK 16-5: Happy Happy Joy Joy Ouch!

Yay, I met my goal this week by going to 9 classes in 5 days!

OK, well, technically I didn't go to one of the classes. Not all the way anyway. I left the house late and the errand I had to run before my Tuesday class took longer than it should have and then parking was unusually tricky, so I didn't get to the gym until the class was half over. I debated whether it was worth going in for the last 25 minutes and ultimately decided I would do better to replace the class with a 60-minute walk. And then I went for that walk! So I'm definitely counting that as a "class" and congratulating myself on meeting my goal this week.

Then, because I'm too curious and impatient to wait another 3 days to find out if I'm going to break the 170 barrier, I weighed myself...

Well, let's just say that I'm 169 going to be officially happy on Monday! I started practicing my happy dance today, as much as my still-sore muscles would let me. Fortunately, a rubdown and 10-minute soak in the hot tub have greatly improved the situation, but there's still room for more improvement (ow, Ow, OW!).

I also did some pre-celebrating by allowing myself to be talked into splitting a chocolate-frosted cream-filled eclair with a friend. How insane is it to celebrate losing weight by stuffing myself with a gazillion calories and fat grams? Pretty darn insane. And then I didn't even like it after the first couple of bites -- it was too much sugar and too much food, period, so not the best celebration ever.

Well, the celebration will be better when it's official on Monday!

No comments: