Sunday, November 25, 2007

WEEK 18: Recap

What an amazing week! I didn't exactly meet all of this week's goals, but what I did accomplish is sure to have kept any weight from creeping back.

My Thanksgiving food plan worked beautifully during dinner. I limited what I ate but enjoyed a little bit of everything so I didn't feel deprived. Over the following days, denying myself the leftovers was a problem, so I'll be sure to include that in my food plan next year.

Reading my ARC and Response Cards almost every day helped me keep the rest of my eating this week under control. I did skip reading them one day and they didn't make me strong enough to withstand those leftovers, but I'm convinced my eating would have been much worse if I hadn't been reinforcing my will power with those Cards.

Finally, I didn't get quite all of the exercise I wanted. The Thanksgiving walk I fantasized about never happened (and was instead replaced with a couple rounds of egg nog, I now recall), but I missed my weekly goal of exercising every other day because I slept through my Saturday morning class and never got around to replacing it (when I could have walked in the evening, I was asleep again, napping off some tryptophan!).

So not a perfect week, goal-wise, and yet the results couldn't have been much better. Well, I don't want to jinx it, but I'm pretty confident I have achieved my goal of remaining in the 160s. And I'm almost positive I'll win the contest weigh-in, so I'm already thinking how I'll spend that $25 prize!

No comments: