Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WEEK 19-2: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good: I'm already halfway to my exercise goal for the week. I've worked out 4 times in the last 2 days, so I only have 4 more times in the next 5 days. Three of those workouts will be classes at the gym, so I just have to find some time this weekend to go for a walk or row on my machine. That's looking pretty tricky what with birthday stuff, a friend's bon voyage party, and the Christmas social whirl kicking off... I'll figure something out though.

The Bad: Last week, my favorite instructor at the gym told us she was quitting soon to take a new job. I was sad (she's such a great teacher!) and now I'm sadder because tonight she told us she'll be away for the next two weeks and then back for one last class. Since her current substitute isn't very good and is likely to become the permanent teacher, I'm worried I'll be convinced to drop the class altogether.

The Ugly: My thighs and upper arms. Despite all the weight-training, my thighs and upper arms are getting saggier and saggier as I lose the fat in them. All that elephant skin is depressing me when I should be excited about the weight-loss. *sigh* How do the Biggest Loser contestants do it? What's their secret?!

No comments: