Thursday, November 29, 2007

WEEK 19: Progress Report

My first weekly goal (controlling my eating) already took a hit, as I reported yesterday. I won't be able to check off "followed restaurant eating plan", but I'm still on track with reading my ARC and Response Cards and with limiting my cake (1 slice) and cocktails (none).

I'm also on track with my second weekly goal. I've completed 6 workouts so far, thanks to a last-minute substitution tonight.

Getting to my Tuesday/Thursday exercise class is so much tougher than any of my other classes, and tonight was no exception. I was all ready to go but it meant driving a 60-mile round trip to make it, and I ultimately decided that substituting a long walk would be the practical thing to do.

That decision was dangerous, because best intentions have a way of going wrong... After all, it is (almost literally) freezing cold of an evening, so a walk when I got home was going to be pretty nippy. In fact, on the drive home I was rationalizing skipping the walk because I just wanted to be warm. But wonder of wonders, I whipped out a NO CHOICE. I told myself I was going to go for a walk and that was the end of it. And I did!

Yes, I about froze my ninny off, but I had the glow of accomplishment to keep me warm.

No comments: