Saturday, November 10, 2007

WEEK 16-6: Loose Lips Build Hips

I may have celebrated too soon...

A gourmet grocery store just opened up practically next door to where I live, so this afternoon I hosted a potluck tasting party. It was kind of a crash course in what's good at the store because everyone brought an item to sample.

I ate a lot. A LOT. In fact, I didn't eat anything else all day but what I ate during the party, and I am so stuffed still that I can barely walk upright.

I knew this tasting party would be a challenge (most people's contributions were heavy on the calories and fat), but I failed to really prepare myself for it. I went into the party with the idea that I would have just a harmless little taste of everything that appealed to me, but that went right out the window almost immediately. I crammed in so much yumminess with almost no thought at all about the Beck Diet Solution -- even though I talked about the program with a couple of people!

It's disappointing that I abandoned my "thin-thinking" so easily -- and so disastrously; I did a lot of damage that may not be undone in time for the next weigh-in...

No comments: