Sunday, November 18, 2007

WEEK 17: Recap

I'm not holding out a lot of hope for tomorrow's weigh-in. As usual, I've been stepping on the scale almost every day to see how I'm doing, and it's been a little up and down. I did see 168.5 (which caused me to do a happy dance all around the bathroom) but this morning I was back over 170.

I had hoped to fit in some exercise today (my "last-chance workout"), but the time got a way from me. Still, my exercise this week has been good, so maybe it will be good news tomorrow.

Plus my dieting has been great! In addition to my pie-resistance yesterday, I talked myself out of having pie for breakfast this morning! Once again, my desire to see the 160s on the scale tomorrow was more important than a sugary treat. However, that mindset -- that pie for breakfast is even an option -- is a dangerous one this close to the bingefest that is Thanksgiving. Thinking that way for even a moment makes it all the more disappointing that I didn't achieve two of my goals this week.

My conflict over being thin and binging because of it do seem to be under control, which is how I rationalized never getting around to using the 7 Question Technique or the Mindset Techniques. But however much I seem to be in control now, I have to be prepared for the future. A future that is 4 days away and counting...

So I may be celebrating after tomorrow's weigh-in, or I may not. But whatever happens, it's time to get ready to face Tom Turkey and his Carb Compatriots.

No comments: