Thursday, November 8, 2007

WEEK 16: Progress Report

I'm doing it, I am on track to complete my weekly goal, meaning I'm also on track to see the 160s on Monday and win the weigh-in in my weight-loss contest!

I have only 1 more class to make this week, and I think I'll be able to do it, despite how sore I continue to be. The muscle pain has spread from my thighs up into my glutes, hips, and lower back, so I'm walking like an old woman. And heaven forbid I drop anything, because bending or kneeling is at least a five-minute procedure (making me doubly regretful for how clumsy I am).

But still, it's not a bad pain. I'm not enjoying the soreness (I'm not a masochist), but I'm enduring it and working through it with a sense of righteousness, with the knowledge I'm doing the right thing even when it feels so wrong. That resolve and pride are thanks to the Beck Diet Solution, and I continue to be grateful for the life-changing lessons of Dr. Beck's book.

No comments: