Monday, November 26, 2007

WEEK 19: "It's my birthday too, yeah"

At the dawn of my birthday week, I already have much to celebrate! My goals for last week were just the trick for taming Thanksgiving temptations, and instead of packing on some pounds, I lost weight!

True, it was only a 1/2 pound. I'm having to force myself to recognize what an amazing accomplishment it is to lose any weight in a week starring carbs, carbs, and more carbs, because I keep thinking, That's all? Half a pound? Silly girl!

That half pound is a testimony to my hard work and dedication last week, and it will be just the encouragement I need to weather this week filled with birthday festivities. It was also a contributing factor to my contest win today! I believe my $25 windfall will go towards a new birthday outfit...

And to continue last week's success, I am setting the same kinds of goals this week. With the ultimate goal of not gaining any weight while celebrating my special day, my goals this week are to:
  • Control my eating by:
    • Reading my ARC and Response Cards every day
    • Following my restaurant food plan of dividing my entrees in half
    • Having no more than 2 slices of birthday cake/dessert all week
    • Having no more than 1 cocktail all week
  • Exercise at least 8 times

Since those dangerous birthday celebrations are spread out over most of the week, instead of a concentrated event like Thanksgiving, I will have to be even stronger and smarter this week. But I did pretty well last week, and I think I can kick it up a notch to see some smaller 160s next week! I sure wouldn't hate it if I lost a whole pound...




No comments: